Bagging options for a stand on ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by instyle, Jan 18, 2006.

1. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

What are my options? I know there is the accelerator, but I am afraid it will fill up very fast with leaves. I am not sure waht else to do?
    Tow behind? What are some names?

2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

How about a trac-vac that would mount on top the deck like done with a w/b. I have an accelerator on a Quik Trac and it does fill up very fast. So fast, I try to only use the grasshopper to collect leaves.

3. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

You could go with a grass gobbler and just look around for a leaf gobbler extension.

4. mkirby

mkirby LawnSite Member

I have read most of your posts and it sounds like you are from Regina.
    Did you buy the stand on yet? Because I might have one for sale for you - only 150 hours!

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, the accelerator and the grass gobblers would fill up fast IMO. Even with extensions, and the grass gobblers are heavy even when empty. just my .02

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Accelerator makes a leaf extension as well. Plus they are made out of alluminum so its not going to be as heavy as a grass gobbler. Your going to fill up any catcher fast when doing leaves. The only thing you could do is have a setup with gators and a bagger to help cut the leaves up into smaller pieces allowing you to fit more in the catcher.

7. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

mkirby, I left a message on your machine. How much are you wanting for your machine? What size? 596-2132

8. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

does anyone know the exact weight of the different accelerator products (with and without the dust covers) I can not find it on their website.

I am also looking for the weight of the exmark 3 bushel bagger ( removable bag only since you do not carry the plate)

9. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

why not mulch most of them up first then bag whats left :confused: :confused: