Bagging or mulching.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blade-o-grass, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Blade-o-grass

Blade-o-grass LawnSite Member

I normally bag all of my lawns because mulching seems to leave the lawns looking I doing it wrong or does most people mulch jobs leave visible grass behind
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

What are you mowing with?? Do you have a mulch kit on it? What kind of blades are you using?
  3. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

the only time of year i mulch is late summer when the grass slows down, usually until the end of june to mid july it is to lush and looks like crap.
  4. Blade-o-grass

Blade-o-grass LawnSite Member

I mow with a 21" Commercial snapper...The mulch kit is just a plug in the sleave where the grass would blow into the bag... and I have a regular blade.
  5. slebeau20

slebeau20 LawnSite Member
    from USA

Go with a Gator blade and your problem will improve. If you move up into a commercial mower your tip speed will increase, and you'll have no problems.
  6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

what kind of mower are you running?
  7. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Read the above.
  8. Justcutitshort

Justcutitshort LawnSite Member

As long as you are getting paid for your services, its completely sensible to me. More money per cut, is the American way. Good thinking.........
  9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

The Ninja blade for a 21" Snapper is also a good choice to try. It does not have much lift. The blade is odd shaped with a second cutting blade positioned above and behind the primary blade. A high-lift blade normally ued for bagging would not work well for mulching. The Gator version is a better choice than a bagging blade, but Ninja is probably best.
  10. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I'm running lesco hydros wb's, but when the grass is like 4 or 5 inches, and lush, mulching looks like crap. If i could more then once a week it would be different, heck half the people want you to mow once every other week.