Bagging system chewing up Belts

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by wojo23323, Apr 2, 2005.

1. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Hustler Super Z with the 3 bag system on it. The belt that goes from the right pulley on the deck to the blower pulley on the bagger keeps getting chewed up and eventually breaks after about 10 hours of use. What would cause this? I have looked and can't see any problems. If I had the belt tensioner too tight, would that cause it? Thanks.

2. ProfessionalTouch

ProfessionalTouch LawnSite Member

If the pulley's are offset one higher then the other.It might cause that. Hope that helps

3. EC-Rider

EC-Rider LawnSite Member

He was with Han Solo, of the famed STAR WARS WAR! Lol!
    Oops! Sorry about that! LOL! :eek:

Seriously though… :eek:

Assuming you have (and I know you have! LOL) lubed all pulleys and underside of the machine that apply, and the pulleys are properly aligned in relation to each other as the previous post suggests, I would release all belt tension and spin the pulley that runs the blower…it should turn freely.
    Secondly, I would spin the blower end by hand if accessible to see if there is any resistance. It should spin free without any resistance…If it does, check the inside for any obstruction materials, including MUD. Yes, I’ve even sucked up mud that clogged the chute entry!

Which leads us to the third, part…after ten hour of continuous operation…Are you checking that chute to make sure it is staying clear? If NOT you should, and I would check it after every hour of operation…or least as often as the owners the manual recommends.

And that hopefully will be you WHOLE problem…Say! Maybe you should check that first? LOL! :blob4:

Hope that helps! :angel:

It’s all good! Enjoy! Peace! :angel:

Regards,

EC-Rider :waving::

4. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Should of bought an Exmark :laugh: :laugh: . All kidding aside, check pulley tension and alignment.