Bagging System users?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by TJLANDS, Mar 11, 2008.

1. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody using the bagging systems for your Laxer Zs(60"),
    please let me know what you think. I just want an opinion before dishing out another 2600.00.

Thanks
    Tim

2. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not have one on a 60" but on my 52 it is great. I rely heavily on it and I could not imagine living without it.

3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

the exmark ultra-vac is in 1 word.....fantastic

4. danmc

danmc LawnSite Member

We have the self dumping baggers on 2 of our z's and they are awesome, just a bit on the heavy side compared to the mesh bag version. also, if you have the narrow front tires (the ones that come with the Lazer Z AS) you should think about upgrading to the wide ones - the narrow tires leave ruts with the wheel weights on. also, if you do opt to go with the self dumping catcher you have to run with ALL of the weights or you will wheelie on the slightest incline when the bagger is more than 1/3 full.

5. Tower Rat 95B

Tower Rat 95B LawnSite Member

I have 2 Ultra Vacs a 60 and a 52, clean cuts and super on the the fall clean ups, its worth the money imop,,,,,,,,,,, only thing I don't like about it is that it creats alot of dust and the filters get dirty real quick even on the new canister style,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I bet Exmark could make a snorkle to draw the engine air from a less dusty area, at present the air intake is too close to the bags,,,,,,,,,,,, Hey Exmark what do ya think about a Snorkle for us Ultra Vac users?

6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I love my ultra vac, I don't have a big issue with leaf blow out, if the grass is really short and theres not alot of leaves, I tend to have alittle blow out, so I just cut with the vac to the inside of the uncut area.

Only issue I had was the new one I bought last year, seemed to be not as tough as my first one. With under 50 hours on it the bags are ripping like mad, and a few other little issues.

7. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Yea the bags on my machine are starting to show wear too. The belt snapped in the first 10 hours on the machine, dealer said "it was supposed to happen". It happens to all of the machines, they are "designed" to do that. lol. The only problem I have had with it is it gets clogged fairly easy, but if you take it slow when its wet you will have 0 problems.

8. Tower Rat 95B

Hey Exmark what about them bags? Way too much $ for what they are,,,,,,,,,, dealer price 63 for the bag ,6 more for the handle and the ring I forget the price but is was so high I said forget about it.........

A happy Exmark owner 2 times now

9. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

What handle and ring?

10. Tower Rat 95B

The handle at the bottom of the bag,,,,,,,,,,,,and the ring or metal bracket does not come with the bag its extra$......... I know this sounds like a bummer post but I just think those parts are way way over priced........