bagging system

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bama1, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Bama1

Bama1 LawnSite Member

Thinging about getting a bagging system for my lazer hp 48". any info. that I may need to know? What is the going price for these?
  2. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

The accelerator baggers are reasonable, if this is what you are looking for. Stop by there forum here, there's probably someone who's already asked and been given the price.
  3. PeterA

PeterA Sponsor

List price is $329.00 for the regular size GCEX for the exmark. The 6.2 giant size bagger is $459.00. price varies a bit from dealer to dealer. Check our MO listings for dealers and call around a bit.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Here is the 6.2 on a 48" deck.

5. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Bagger ??? -- Ultra Vac comes to mind BUT you have the 48" so you do not have the 23 hp engine and the strain the spindle driven blower assembly will put on your engine might not be acceptable (your choice), I would go with one of the after market supplier packages with an auxiliary engine (prefer 6 hp). I have had Blue Bird and Trac Vac systems and would opt for the latter if I was in the market. prices 2 > 3K

6. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

I just got in my bagger yesterday and put it on last night I got it from I paid 209.00 for it!
  7. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I had a XL accelerator on my floating deck Lazer Z. When the bag got over half full it would change the deck angle side to side because of the weight. Have you tried that mower yet with a full bag of wet grass?
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Hello!! I can't believe that with a Z you guys are suggesting this guy get a side mounted bagger.

Get the Ultravac from eXmark. Its made for these mowers. Its a very good vac system and it has never let me down. I don't know what motor you have on the 48" HP but any one of the motors will run it. Some may just be a little more effecient than others. Then again, if your in real bad stuff it doesn't matter what motor, they will all bog down at some point.
  9. John Gamba

from ct

Yes i have!! I put more air in the right front and rear tire. On the walks i put a quarter inch washer on the right side to compensate for the extra weight.

What do you think the ultravac blower weighs??

10. John Gamba

from ct

The accelerator will not clog in wet grass, and comes off in a flash.