1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bagging systems..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bagit, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

I was thinking this could be a good topic. One that i have not seen much. What kind of bagging systems do some of you like/dislike..?
  2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i like the ones that connect to the machine dirrectly, not a tow behind unit. the turbo systems are great.
  3. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

I have a Peco lawnvac and have been real pleased. I have had it for three years. It slows me down to much to leave on year round and to much trouble to take on and off for the bagged lawns so that presents a problem but I use my small mower to go back and suck up the grass after I mow it all to the middle. There is only 2 of my 45 accounts that I have to do that at though.

I have been real pleased with it.
  4. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

Scag clam-shell system

5. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

That Clam Shell just sticks up WAAAAAAY to high. It might as well be a ROPS system as well.
  6. matth04

matth04 LawnSite Member

How much did that clam shell cost you?
  7. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

It is kinda high,but i bet there are some benefits though. Like not in the way backing up on the trailer.. you could get a bagged trash can under it.. some clearance while mowing ....
  8. ajordan193

from WNY

the clam-shell was in the $2500 dollar range i don't remember exactly. It does have its advantages and disadvantages for sure. Holds a lot of grass, but at the same time it gets in the way too much. Thing is you have to remember its on the back when your turning. i can't even explain how many fences its bumped into and stuff like that. Other than stupid things like that it works great. The small blower housing and tube that comes with it is junk, spend the money and upgrade to the larger one. Very little clogging even in wet grass, and saves a lot of time compared to using the side bagging systems.
  9. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

Hey pro-cut, do you mostly just dump the cs from the seat or do you have a trash can/bag deal going on..?
  10. ajordan193

from WNY

Some properties i can just dump from the seat and others i use the big green cans that can be bought at home depot etc...these cans work great, get heavy when the grass is wet but works great.