1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bagging wet grass - best blade set-up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Five Diamond Lawns, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Five Diamond Lawns

Five Diamond Lawns LawnSite Member

In the fall we have to bag all our residential lawns here in the NW :cry:
    So I'm looking for advise.
    I run a ExMark 36" walk behind. I'm currently using meg-mo blades. Have tried the stock blades as well but they didn't seem to be as strong. First lawn of the day(wet day ) I've got the mower propped up and am cleaning out under the deck, it sucks :cry:
    I keep the ketch clean religiously and have tried the spray for under the deck ( the name of the product escapes me ) but nothing seems to make a difference :help:
  2. Five Diamond Lawns

Five Diamond Lawns LawnSite Member

Put this question out there on a Sunday and got nothing. Thought I'd put it back up top once more to see if there is anything. thanks
  3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

We modified our blades on our Hustler W/B by bending the sail up to a 90 degree angle and welded another 3/4 inch piece to it. It really bags the wet grass now and throws it out real well with the bag off.
  4. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I have good luck using a 'super' hi lift on the discharge side when bagging wet grass, really packs the bag tight. Also works well for discharging wet grass as it slings the clipping further and reduces the clumping issues. Sounds to be similiar to specialtylc's home made blade, but I bought mine at my dealer.