bagging with lazerz

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Jun 19, 2002.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I know they sell a large bagging unit for a couple thousand dollars, but do any of you simply attach a standard bag on yours?

2. You can but the wider the deck the faster it will fill.

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't. Would be just as lgf said, would fill up way too fast.
    I have a bagger for my turf tracer and it fills soooooo fast. I also have a lazer hp with ultra vac. I love it for leaves:D I was dreading the cost of the vac setup, but dove in. Getting the ultra vac has been one of the better decisions I have made. I can do jobs in 20 min now, that used to take me an hour or more, because of all the dumping of the small bagger.. It has definetly paid for itself. I actually look forward to leaf season now, and the customers are impresed how quickly job was done, and how nice the job looks. Because it was so much faster and easier, I started doing the leaves every week, and they really liked that idea. I don't know what lazer you have but this might be an option for you. The bags will fill quick in heavy leaf cover, but very easy to dump. Also, I go over quickly one time to mulch em up, then bag.

4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

if you are wanting it strictly for cutting, get the mulch kit. you won't regret it.

if you want it for collection in the winter, invest in the ultravac. when i get my lazer i'll have both.

5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I think it depends on the size lawns you're mowing. I use a standard exmark cloth bagger on my lazer z hp and it's worked fine. On a huge commercial lot it's too small, but even on some $60 Bermuda lawns I still do that are decent sized I only have to empty it 2-4 times. If you can handle that, the cost savings and flexibility is worth going with the cloth bagger. The big vac units are bulky and take time to remove. I'd stick to lawns I don't have to bag or can mulch before I'd spend a lot of a vac unit, but that's just my strategy. The exmark bagger packs really well, btw, in dry grass. ok, in wet.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have the cloth bagger for a couple of commercials that I do, that have narrow strips, right out by the road, and collect alot of cigarette butts and small litter, anyways. It works like a vacuum cleaner. Otherwise, not much use for it.

7. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: on all my bobcats and lazer Z's we use a cathcer called accelarator, it is awesome made from aluminum very light and strurdy, had them for 2 seasons now with no trouble what so ever. tony

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I use the cloth bagger on my lazer z hp. It does a better job than I expected. It will fill up fast on thick turf, but if you mow frequently you can do decent sized lawns with 2-4 fillups of the bagger. I found the vac units too bulky for my needs, and they're not cheap, but if you have to bag large areas you might need one. I would also just avoid customers who require bagging of large areas or convince them to let you try mulching. I mulched and bagged some properties last summer and nobody could tell which was which. But on others, it would probably have shown.

My advice would be to avoid buying equipment for special uses if you can, and try to only take on business that maximizes profitability. I made some mistakes buying special machines for a few special customers and it never paid off. Now, if a job doesn't match my equipment lineup, I pass on it. Bigger companies can usually afford to have a unit laying around for special jobs, so they can handle anything, but smaller guys can't.

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

They Do Have Side Baggers That Are 10.3 Bushels That split In Two. They are a Little pricey But they Are alot Cheaper than The rest. I.m Getting one For a Lazer And a 52 Turf tracer. My Trac vac Is 8 Bushels and The Peco Is 9 Bushels.