1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bagging with mulch kit

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Smitty58, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36 Metro and I love it. I ordered a bagger for it today. I have a mulch kit already on so my question is can I just remove the plate and install the bag or do I have to completely remove the mulch kit to bag? Thanks for all your great advice ,I have learned a bunch about Exmark mowers by reading on this site.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

I would recommend completely removing the mulch kit. Some guys like the to bag with the mulch blades because they can notice a difference in the volume of clippings. The mulching blades will chop the clippings a little better than a standard blade but the standard blade has more lift and a cleaner cut in some situations.

3. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Terry, I think I'll experiment in my own yard with what works best. The dealer told me I could just remove the plate when bagging ,but I wasn't sure if that was correct.
    Thanks again
  4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i would think you'd want to remove the outter plate and the baffle under the deck or you won't get much going into the bagger. as far as the blades, if it's winter time, use gators.