Bagging Z turn

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Fvstringpicker, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like I'm going to have to add a bagging Z turn. Been mulching but a lot of residential specify bagging. I'm tired of using a 21 push to bag Other than Walker, are there any other recommendations that may be less costly.:confused:

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I know you said a Z, but I'll throw these ideas out also. What about the Exmark 26 Metro or a small walkbehind with a grass catcher on it, like an Accelerator or a Grass Gobbler. Now Z's, I'm sure you could get a 44" ZTR with a bagging system for under $8,000-$9,000. Now there is also the Navigator, which is Exmark's version of the Walker, but I wouldn't think that would be any less money.

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

You could get a ZTR of about any size with a collection system. Toro also made an out-front style ZTR that slightly resembled a Walker, not sure if they still make it though.

4. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

Are you looking to buy a new unit? Why wouldn't you consider a used Walker? I would think you could find a 42" GHS at a good price. (remember some people just don't like them as they're to slow for a fast paced company) For me it's a great machine for residentials. I use mine for small commertials also. I use it so much I recently had to replace the engine to the tune of 1600. and see that as just fine as I've used it pretty much full time for eight years after I bought it used. I just can't think of any other machine that could replace it:) Just my .02

5. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

I'm certainly considering a used or possibly a new Walker. I've seen some other "walker style" mowers around and wondering if they are worth considering. I really want a rider rather than a walk behind because I'm not a young as I used to be. I'm trying to build the business up for my grandsons in about three or four years. Accordingly, I want to have the equipment sufficient to handle the job given my somewhat reduced stamina.