bagging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by colonel landscaping, Apr 20, 2003.

1. colonel landscaping

colonel landscaping LawnSite Member

how much extra do you charge for bagging, say for a 35$ yard or a 45$ with excellent grass.. how much is resaonable?

2. fox

fox LawnSite Member
    from MN

bagging takes time. make sure that your recieving payment in accordance with how much your getting for the yard. ie. if the propety takes you 1 hr. to maintain w/o bagging, and your charging 60.00, then your making about 1.00 a min. relay this to your bagging charges. extra 30 min. equals $30.00. this has worked for me for several years.

3. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Double my cut price. Usually takes double the time so get paid for your time. Also depends if you can dump onsite or have to haul it off and if that's the case, it al depends on how much you are doing.

4. mckell68

mckell68 LawnSite Member

Here in NE Ohio we don't get a premium price as compared to other areas of the country. Most of my lawns are 8 to 11k sq feet of turf and charge $3 to bag it. This amounts to, on average, $1 per bag. I drive 10 mins. to the dump site and am charged $5 dollars to dump an 8 foot bed of grass. Basically two yards pays the fee, all the rest is profit. Hope this helps---Mike

5. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

I just add $10 if the yard is average sized. If it is a big yard then I use my own discression.

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

bagging stinks. we cant even get rid of it here anymore, and im glad. but some properties really do need bagging, so i bag, charge $3-$5 more(on average 3-6k lawn) and leave the grass for them, either in thier receptacle or a plastic bag.

7. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I would think almost double. It takes about twice as long.

8. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

On a small to average lawn we charge $5.00 a Walker Hopper. It doesnt take anymore time then our Z-Masters on small to medium lawns do to the outfront and alot more manuvarable then our midmounts. On large we dont bag do to time reasons we use our midmounts and just do borders with the Walkers. Most all properties must be bagged up in this zone until late June then you still need to bag if it rains (rapid groth) To lmuch time to double cut!