Bags for a navigator/walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jhakarter, Jun 11, 2008.

1. jhakarter

jhakarter LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Who out there makes those bags you see the walker guys dumping their clipings into? Anyone got a link to the actual bag or a price? If I get a navigator i am looking a getting some. Will they work with the exmark? And how many do you think you could haul in the back of a pickup(6 foot box)? Thanks

2. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

They are made by walker and they are bout $65 each i use them on my trailer and they work good, you can probally hold 5-6 at the max im guessing they hold alot of grass and can get pretty heavy.

3. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

4. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

5. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Im pretty sure lesco has the same exact things for 20 bucks so i was told. Cant hurt to try!

6. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Josh,
    If your not scared... swing in and ask Ryan at ATG, he told me he found a supplier that was pretty cheap. Heck you could probally ask any of the guys we see all day at the landfill too.

BTW, that was a heck of a load of grass on your trailer the other day, how was that to unload?

See ya round
    -Steve

7. jhakarter

from Midwest

Ya I have some people in town checkin too. It pretty much sucked to unload. that load was smaller then the one i unloaded tues morning haha. I emptied after one more lawn after i saw you, then mowed all nite and finished up at about 9 and could barely fit the mower on haha. See ya around.
    Josh

8. jhakarter

from Midwest

How realistic is it for one guy to load these into the back of a truck? Impossible or not? Thanks guys
    Josh

9. UrbanGreen

UrbanGreen LawnSite Member

If you would like to save a lot of money, you could use tarps. I have a navigator and I use 10 5'x6' tarps. The navigator has a 9 bushel hopper and the 5'x6' tarp will hold one full dump. After I dump I use a bungee to tie them up and toss them into the back of my truck. If you have really wet grass those things can get a little bit heavy tho!

10. UrbanGreen

UrbanGreen LawnSite Member

Oh yea, I'm not a big guy and I have never not been able to get one into the back of the truck.