Bahia please stop growing

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Oct 13, 2011.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

My Bahia lawns still have some stalks this week. I cut them short last week and they still need to be cut. Last year It was much different and slowed down sooner. I am ready for Eow . It cant come fast enough.

2. Not sure what the problem is but I skipped Bahia this week. Didnt even grow from last...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Not sure if you got the same amount of moisture as we did last weekend. We got roughly 10 inches last weekend...so some of the Bahia has perked right back up again.

I am with him - I am so ready for EOW....we were able to skip two bahia lawns this week as well as one that is Bermuda/SA mix. The Bermuda was going brown too - but we will see with all the rain.

4. That's prob the difference then bc we didn't get a lick of that rain.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Every other week or not I'm heading to Maine in two weeks hunting......period!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. BCL Services

BCL Services LawnSite Member

Nov 1st starts eow for us.

7. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Three weeks for me co-landscapes....need to work that first week to keep your off weeks so you are off for turkey but it sounds like you have plans of having something else on your plate....what's the matter....this things they call deer down here not big enough :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. fl-landscapes

Deer down here are tiny, no need to fatten up for tough winters.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I woke up to weak cold front that brought a little rain. Florida deer are what we call dogs in NY. Got my plane tickets for NOV 1st.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. fl-landscapes

Good luck patriot. I am heading out two weeks from today to st albans Maine where my uncles hunting camp and cabin are located. Couple days to scout and sight rifles, set tree stands
    Posted via Mobile Device