Bahia please stop growing

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Deer might be small but the Hogs are Huge and all over the place.

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Good luck to both of you with your hunting.......enjoy foods while back home that actually taste better up north like Chili.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Mikey

If you love the North, take I 75 or I 95 to Uppa U S a. You Yankee Girls can have your Bami hunting. I take the Man style Florida Hunting Gator and Hogs that can bite back. :drinkup:

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I am not much of a Bambi hunting....but did enjoy fishing more up there (noodling) and I will not be doing that down here with the Gators that you mentioned.....oh yeah one other thing about the North....they have trees that change color in the fall....so there is another seasonal color in the landscape other than green!

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Mikey

You can Noodle down here, Just have your buddy keep an eye out for gators. Remember Florida fishing is not for Babies.

As for the Tree colors. I am not a fan of brown sticks pointing to the sky with white Ice sickles hanging off them.

If you love Ohio, take I 75. :walking:

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I'm a bowhunter. I don't think anything short of a Rambo style exploding arrowhead would bring down a hog or gator. My father lives up there and I just walk out the backdoor into the woods.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

No chit, at the Bright Hour Ranch on Tuesday there were 37 yes 37 hogs, 14 nice turkeys and 7 nice little dog deer inside the final gate going to the lodge and camp area.

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Patriot

You transplanted Yankees don't have a clue what real hunting is. We run dogs at night and can not carry a gun because Night shooting is illegal. But Hunting with Dogs is not. After the dog gets the hog down we just hog tie them and bring home alive. If you see a cage on a Trailer, 9 out of 10 times that is for transporting live wild hogs. The Dog Cage is in the back of the truck. Some people like wild hog meat wild other like to grain feed the wild taste out before butchering them.

I might not be a native Cracker (Florida Born) but I have lived here long enough to know what is good. If you know the right people with land, Hog Hunting is a year round season. Hogs are a PITA to Ranchers and Farmers alike. They welcome any responsible person who will help control their Hog Population.

9. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

very true ric thats how its been done for as long as i can remember. done alot of it when i was in high school and when i worked in immokalee. you think you have balls come down here and run some dogs at night thru the woods down here. that was one of the things we did back in high shool go to the beach or go to the woods...

years ago when they opened gators again a friend of mine got a tag and we went down to the glades and hunted great time.. till you've ran around the glades on an airboat you havent lived.......

10. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Posted via Mobile Device