1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bail Bondsman gives mexicans my job.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oasislawns, Apr 9, 2006.

1. oasislawns

oasislawns LawnSite Member

I went out last week and quoted a lady $300 to trim shrubbery and pull up a few shrubs. She calls me back today and tells me her husband, who is a bail bondsman, bailed 12 mexicans out of jail last night and is exchanging the work for their bail so she no longer needs me to do it. Being my nice self, I told her thanks for calling and letting me know and to call me if she needed anything else. Did I do the right thing? What would ya'll do?
  2. RAW

RAW LawnSite Member
    from NC

See if those 12 mexicans needed work after they finished! :) and hire um!
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Anytime a customer mentions mexicans to me, it's time to start running:
    Translation: Lowballer alert, red flag.

And by the way, I hope for that bail bondsman's sake that all 12 show up for court, if the story's even true (and no I am not saying you are lying in this case). Maybe they hired mexicans, but was it really like that? Because it just sounds funny, I guess some folks see opportunity in everything? I do not know... weird thou, almost scary...
    Then again, if they're lowballers, most anything's possible.
  4. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

like topsites said... sounds kinda funny. you sure those 12 mexicans werent really white meth heads?

btw... welcome raw.