Balanced blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, Jul 13, 2006.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok well let me start off by saying this is most likely a dumb question but...how bad is it if your mower blades arent balanced...i jst bought a rbg blade grinder and i cant get the angle right on the wheel and i can NEVER get the stupid blades balanced with that economy piece of $h!t blade balancer! I paid like $750-/+ for this stupid things and cant get the blades sharpened worth crap and the blades being balanced...YEAH RIGHT you can forget that :nono: lol! So the question is how bad is it if your blades arent balanced??

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

If there way out of balance it could cause premature bearing failure or damage the spindle's. This is all hype thou. Just my opinion. AH To balance or not to balance ?? you decide

3. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

lol does it mess up the cut of the yard

4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Dull blades leave a bad cut,unbalanced blades could cause vibration,thus leading to the premature bearing failure. We have never had a problem with not balancing blades.

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Blades should always be balanced. Unbalanced blades lead to premature spindle bearing failures and can actually cause the top of the deck to crack.

Oldtimer
    You cannot control the wind but you can adjust the sails!

6. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Bought mine on Ebay from a guy feeling just like you for $200. Anyway, take a new blade, Yes, a new blade and place under the grinding wheel and set your angle. If your wanting to take alot off the blade use the wheel going counter clockwise(toggle pointed away from operator on mine) , If you are just touching up the blade and not taking alot of use grinding wheel going clockwise(toggle towards operator on mine). They are worth every penny. I dont know why he couldnt figure it out. Good Luck!!

7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Always sharpen the light end first.

Oldtimer