Balancing Question

Discussion in 'Magna-Matic' started by Fareway Lawncare, May 24, 2004.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Slow but Steady...Is the Response

Vibration/Not Balancing Blades can lead to All Sorts of Problems NOT exclusive to spindles...Everything from Engine components to Belts to Pullys to Cut Quality is affected by Vibration.

There's Slight Vibration w/the Megs.

2. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

I has been over 6 months since the last post by Magna Matic on this thread.

How much longer is the info need to be gathered to be posted?????
    Another year?

:( :( :( :(

3. Magna-Matic

Magna-Matic Sponsor

Hello,

I do apologize for the very long delay on this question, i've been trying to get a nice instructional website put up with all the info, pictures and eductional info from our engineers. However they have been very busy, and we have not gotten to this project.

Here is a very short answer to this problem of blades that can move independant to an inner hub or disc.

There is one of two ways this blade can be balanced:

1. Fix the blades in the "cutting position" as they would be in motion. Similar to what Fairway did in the first post of this thread. BUT - when fixing the blades in their "cutting position" you must use clamps of EQUAL WEIGHT and all 4 must be in the exact same position.

2. Remove all of the blades from the disc. Balance the disc (it should be in balance unless it has become worn or damaged - as long as the original manufacurer balanced it. Sharpen each of the 4 small blades - then weigh them - be sure each is of EQUAL WEIGHT.

I hope this provides some info to those interested, we will continue to work on a more official instruction bulletin for these blades.

Thank you,