1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ball Bearing question

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by HighGrass, Jul 9, 2005.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I bought a 4-wheeled garden cart at Home-Depot a few years ago and it's super handy. The problem is that the bearings are shot on two wheels and need replacing.

I have looked everywhere and can not find a 16x35x11 bearing to save my arse. I'm pretty sure it's a metric bearing because the not the holds the wheel on is metric, and it was made in china.

Any thoughts would be greatly apprciated.

Oh, yea, I did talk to home Depot. No Help.
  2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

If there is a NAPA auto parts store near you take one of the old bearings there and they may be able to match it up.
    I have gotten many bearings from them.

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Try either Berry Bearing, or Bearing Headquarters. If they don't have it, they can get it.

Then to customize your wagon, go to discount tire and get yourself a set of 21" pimp wheels and mount 305 tires on them then adapt them to the wagon. Ad hydros so you can make it jump while you work. You can get a deal on all 4 for about $2,000 a tire/wheel combo....:):):) Kidding
  5. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

mcmaster carr, eastern bearing, or maybe graingers.

Measure it with calipers (ID and OD and width) and look it up on any of these places.
  6. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Been there, done that. The problem is that most meteric bearing either come in a 15mm ID or 17mm ID...nothing in 16mm. So, I thought hey, maybe they are standard...from China? Doubt it.

I am going to take them to a huge bearing outlet in springfield and see if they can match them. Problem with McMaster is they are like 24.00 each and still not quite the right size.
  7. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Having that much trouble, Be darned if I wouldn't be taking my torch to them axles and replacing them with a standard size.
  8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'm also doing a bearing search. I found a large selection on eBay.
  9. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

Here's some bearing numbers for you.
    with 2 shields
    SKF 466306-2Z
    Fafnir 202KDD6
    NTN 6202/16ZZ
    with 2 seals
    SKF 466306-2RS
    NAPA 202CC16
    CR 202CC16

Hope that helps.