1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ball diamond before and during pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cantoo, Jun 2, 2002.

1. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

These pics were taken when we first got the tender for the ball diamonds. The grass was a little high but was thin in some areas so wasn't too bad going. I would like to see how many passes it would take to make the clippings " disappear" on this one with a side discharge. Every mower has it's place and the Walker definately shines here. The tender form states the grass must be collected and removed from site. They have a dumping area close by so it's not that bad. We now spray Round up on the gravel areas. We just bought a Bannernman ball diamond drag this weekend to try out.

ball diamond1.jpg
  2. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

How many passes before you was ready to dump???
  3. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Looks good. one tip though: rent or get your sod cutter or an edger and edge the outside of the dirt or if you have a grass infield do that too. makes it look like a pro field.
  4. cantoo

We only do the cutting and dragging the Town guys are supposed to look after the rest. We would love to spend some time and make them look great but they will only go year by year and the price doesn't allow us to spend extra time there. The tender comes up for rebid every year so it's not worth it to do things for free. I just bought the Bannerman and we won't even get paid for our time using it.
    I think we got 3or 4 passes before the bin was full ( 9.5 b )
    I wish they would give us a 3 year contract then we would do the extras.
  5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

A friend of mine has a deal to cut a baseball field. Had his hands full for a while this spring as they put 700 lbs of rye grass seed on it. Came back and fertilized it with 500 lbs. of ammonia nitrate.
    Needless to say he was real busy trying to mulch it with his Lazer.

The coach got his info from someone-somewhere. I bet they were really laughing their ars'es off after they told him how to care for his field.
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Ya gotta love that Walker for those type of jobs. Very nice.

This is the way my customers lawns are looking after 7 days growth. It has been perfect conditions and it is raining like crazy today.

Nice work.
  7. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

I'd hate to see how much grass you had to dump,must be an
    absolute mountain of it.

How about an after picture???
  8. cantoo

The first cut was a 6x11 with 12" sides trailer loaded to the max, now it's about 3 to 4 dumps per diamond. We would try to get away with side discharging but a couple of other companies who want the job are just sitting there waiting for us to do something different than the contract states.