1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Baltimore Group Needs Help

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by Open Doors, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Open Doors

Open Doors LawnSite Member

I run a program here in Baltimore that does urban greening, landscape, and litter clean up of vacant lots. The guys are from a rehab setting and are learning skills and practices that can help them gain emplyment when they leave. We help with resumes, applications, and basically how to get a hard day work and not rely on the government for a check.:usflag:
    What we need right now are things like a sledge hammer, a wheel barrow, a backpack blower, and a weedwhacker. Does anyone have any recommendations in the baltimore area somewhere I can look to get these donated or at a cheap price? I am in the whole literally 3k right now, due to repairs on the pick up I bought for them and really need these items. :cry: Thank you so much.
    Paul M.
    OPEN DOORS at Tuerk House, Baltimore, MD

edit - you can't post an email address at the site. thanks, Mike
  2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

You might try parks and people, they are near 83 by stieff (sp?) silver
    800 Wyman Park Drive
    Baltimore, MD 21211-2821
    (410) 448-5663

another non profit is Herring run, they are always doing projects and have a great tree and shrub sale going on through april
    3545 Belair Road
    Baltimore, MD 21213-1230
    (410) 254-1577

I don't know if they can help but it doesn't hurt to ask