Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CSRA Landscaping, Apr 25, 2002.

1. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a coupla folks that want it OUT! If I can do this, I'll probably become the wealthiest man in the state! :laugh: Just kidding ...

I've read some of the old posts on it and I was wondering what success some may have had using the control methods listed and what others may be available.

- The methos that stick out in my mind are drenching it with a 2-2.5 gallon nozzle using roundup pro, which I don't think I'll be doing, since I don't have that equipment.
    - Taking out the plants and sticking a sheet of galvanized metal 3 feet under to control the runners.
    - Taking out the top three feet of soil, plants, and all. (Yeah ... right.)

I don't think anyone listed napalm or a nuke but I've considered these.

What have you folks found to work??
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck. I haven't seen anything that would kill it. Although LESCO probably has some really bad A$$ stuff around somewhere that might do it. What is the stuff the gov't uses in south america on the drug fields?
  3. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

If your are going to plant something in its place or if it is in ornmental beds use a combination of reward and roundup.

if you don't want anything to grow period, use Velpar, Oust, Sarhara, Aersnal or Pramitrol.
  4. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

I've use Rondup but thats a long term project. I've found salt works as well as anything. Last time used in combo Roundup for the foliage and salt ALL over the root system. However, diging the root system out is still a real pain.
  5. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

A client of mine has me dumping a gallon of bleach every 2 weeks on her bamboo....I've done it twice already, waiting to see what happens...