Bandit stump grinders, anyone use them?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mowingman, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am going to demo a 25hp, Rayco stump grinder tomorrow. The same dealer handles Bandit equipment, and is bringing a similar size Bandit grinder for me to try also.
    Has anyone here used the Bandit machines? I really don't know much about the Bandit line of equipment.

2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know much about Rayco products.

I just bought a 2006 Vermeer SC252 stump grinder. The thing is slick. Really like the way it runs.

3. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

Mowingman,

Bandit is one of the top lines out there. They are really known for their brush chippers. They are right down the road from Morbark (another chipper manufacturer) in upper Michigan. The two companies were started by brothers I believe. I am curious to see how your demo goes.

4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Bandit is specialized in chippers, their grinders are too new to the market to have a solid verdict yet. I bet though judging by my experience with one of their 250XP chippers it'll be a great machine.

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Its a toss up between the two. Rayco has been around forever. But bandit makes heavy duty everything.