banditos de las cabesas

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by loom-gen, Nov 9, 2007.

1. loom-gen

loom-gen LawnSite Member

I have had some of my sprinkler heads stollen right out of the ground. 20 or so. Is this a common thing? Who does this crap?

2. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Brand new Expensive heads? Average heads? One property or all over?

Did you fire someone recently?

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty rare, especially at that volume. Sounds like coincidence or a vindictive former employee or the like.

4. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Or a cheep bastid neighbor putting in a new system.

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

That is what i was going to say..

Ronnie my partner told me a story back in the mid 80's one guy refused to pay his bill..for 8 months he went back and forth to court...It never go anywhere..
    so Ronnie took out the manifold,all heads and washed his hands of it.

hehe

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Makes perfect sense... They are still my parts until you pay, im taking them back. Amen!

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Praise das lord.

8. jerryrwm

You gotta be careful taking something out something that you have already installed on the client's property. The law allows them to get you for destruction of property, vandalism, trespassing, etc., regardless of the fact that they haven't paid for it. Kinda like a repo man...it's fine if you get away with the car, but you're in deep crap if you get caught doing it.

Just be prepaired to file merchants and mechanics leins on the property and do it within the time contraints for filing.

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Must be a sconsin thing... Youre not trespassing unless the owner asks you to leave and you refuse. How can I damage your property if you dont own it?

Repo companies have duties to uphold, like notifying the local police that they are taking the car, but... They are acting on the actual "owner" of the car and have every right to take it. Not paying your car bill in AZ is a crime by itself, regardless of repossession.

10. jerryrwm

No, it is not a sconsin thing. You are not damaging the property that they don't own - sprinkler parts, but the lawn, landscape, and other parts of the clients property such as the building if you mounted the controller, etc. But, local laws may vary. I'd still check into the facts with the local authorities before acting.