1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bank account?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lowdakboy98, Mar 17, 2006.

1. lowdakboy98

lowdakboy98 LawnSite Member

How do you guys go about setting up a bank account? Do you put it under your registered business name? Anything to know when getting an account? Anything on the topic would help. Thanks
  2. gce_ent

gce_ent LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Yes put it under your company name. If you get sued and you setup your business right and that person wins a judgment hopefully nothing is in there for them to take.
  3. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

yea keep your business checkign with business stuff only and your personal checking with your personal stuff otherwise u get the confused on what to claim what not to
  4. pennypincher

pennypincher LawnSite Member

Agree 100%. It makes it really difficult to sort through personal checks and deposits to get to business money. How much is your business making, or losing?
  5. Doug Z.

Doug Z. LawnSite Member

When you go to open your accounts, they are going to ask you for your fed. id number. If I knew the number, I'd tell you who to call to get it. But the bank should be able to give it to you. It only takes 5 minutes to do it, but ever since 9-11, that is required.
  6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

sorry but i just have to know..... how have you been in business 8 years, and not alrady have a business checking account to deposit all the checks you get from your customers....
  7. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

if you dont have employees you prob will not have a fed tax id number or an e.i.n you can actually get a d.b.a account under you s.s # for the business .it is still seperate from regular checking .but any checking account has to have a taxable entity .if it isnt your e.i.n it's your s.s #
  8. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

In our state anything with a company name needs a business account.