Bank Contracts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cleancutccl, Jan 30, 2007.

1. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Recently we have been targeting banks in our area mostly because they appear to appreciate and understand the cost of a reliable and quality maintenance service. However, what we are running into is the first question from most of them is are we a customer? Of course we are not a customer of every bank here in our area, but I had an idea. Have any of you ever thought of opening a $500 or any amount savings account in your business name to be able to bid on these properties? Most banks that I have talked to say they go off of a customer list when they are seeking bids for work, so in this case they probably would not notice that it is not a commonly used account, but it would get my business on their customer list. What do you think, is it worth the trouble?
  2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I think you would have more headaches than it is worth to open some kind of account at most banks in your area.

I have my business banking at one bank, and my personnal banking at another bank. However, I do not see where this would help me in submitting a bid for thier property.
  3. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

If you're not a customer tell'em " no, but I'd be more than happy to open a CD account with your property maintenance agreement." That way they get use of your money for investments to other customers.

Maybe even have a clause that would put, say 10% of proceeds deposited into that account ..
  4. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Not a bad idea....
  5. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

lol - funny how you can read something sometimes and that little lite blub caption pops above your head. Win - win for both is hard to beat.

I'm in my "marketing mode" right now, looking at others flyers, cards, etc .. brainstorming for the coming season.

Com'on Spring!
  6. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

Which banks are you talking about? I know that there isn't anyone in town, probably the whole freakin state that has a chance at getting Dg. Co. Bank away from Willowridge, they also have USBank, but they don't like to pay for anything, I'd stay away from that account. I know that one of the Credit Unions is pretty set with their provider too, I just can't remember which credit union, I know they have a couple locations though.
  7. cleancutccl

US Bank look like sh!t, I know they wouldn't pay for good service. My main focus is on Intrust Bank and Emprise Bank, both have the same provider and both have showed interest in getting bids from us but we are not a customer. I don't want to move my Business checking because I like my bank, even though we don't do anything for them.
  8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Some of the US Banks around here look pretty good.

I just posted on this a couple weeks ago. I get the same thing when inquiring about placing a bid.
  9. cleancutccl

I might try the idea of doing a cd with 10% deposited. That way they also feel that your not running away with their money to another bank.
  10. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, this is a unique and good marketing approach.