bank lockbox -- anyone use this feature??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by hunter, Jan 23, 2004.

1. hunter

hunter LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I've just got off the phone with my bank about using a lockbox to have all our payments mailed to for deposit.

Just wondering if anyone else is using this feature. The cost is higher than I expected. $100.00 per month plus 40 cent for each deposit item.

What are you paying? If you use this feature.

2. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Can you elaborate a bit more??? Do all the payments get sent directly to the bank??? Do they keep records of who pays??? What do you get for the $100+ per month???

What would this be saving you, timewise???

3. hunter

from Texas

they fax a daily report of the account number, payor and the check number. And the money gets processed and collected same day. No waiting for your check to clear.

4. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Personally I use a PO box for all payments and bus. mail. works fine for me. No way would i pay 100 a month plus .40 per deposit item.

5. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

why are you even thinking about it? Thats to much money wasted

6. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

You are spending $100 per month plus $.40 per deposit to save what 5 min of time?

Get quickbooks software if you have to have something easy to keep up with bills and deposits.

7. hunter

from Texas

It's a time factor item. How much time do you spend getting your deposits ready, going to your po box to pick up your checks and then going to the bank to stand iin line or wait in the drive-thru.

It's a time factor thing. Int the busy time of the year I just don't want to make the time. This most likely will save me 1/2 to 3/4 of a day to mow more.

8. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

If you think it's worth it and it saves you $100+ per month then go for it. For me this seems like a costly luxury.

9. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I was about to type the same thing. If it takes up more than $100 a month of your time then go for it. It would be a wasted expense for myself.

10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Hunter,

It does sound like a time-saver. If you do try this and it works for you, please post your results. I am sure others would appreciate hearing this.