Bank repo Bush Hog job

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Fieldman12, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I been visiting this site but have had allot going on latley. Life has been like a country song the last few months. Got word my job will most likely be ending, lost my girlfriend, and had to put the dog to sleep. On a good note I got a house bank repo job over the weekend. They needed 2 acres bush hogged that was pretty tall. I looked it over and told them I would need $500.00 to do the job. He never blinked an eye. I mowed it in 5 hours but went back mowed it again to make it a little nicer. I had seven hours in it total. Sounds like he wants me to come back at least once a month and mow it again. I told him I would do it for $160.00. I am trying to pick up more repo mowing jobs through him if he comes across more in my area. He was very impressed with the job I done for him. I had to look the propery over good to find all the objects that are out there. I still found a pile of trash with the hog. That is the only thing I dont like about mowing tall grass is you never know what is out there. That is why I charged so much. The tractor did not hardly use any fuel.I have a skid steer job to do next weekend. As for the rest of the week just work and truck and tractor pulling.:usflag:

2. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

There ya go! Keep the faith now and be grateful! I bet that 2nd mow over on your time made all the difference. Most guys blow and go and can leave it look like HE11.

3. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

too bad about the job...you dont need a woman either but losing the dog is rough

theres a silver lining in everything though, if you do go out of work you can really focus on your dirt work now if that is what you want, you can take on bigger jobs and have fun doing it without having to worry about scheduling work and your regular job

keep your head up, theres always jobs out there for guys that work their tails off

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

how did you do it with the tractor?
    the last job we did with a bush hog was thinning out little trees and we ruled out a tractor cuz we would have had to back up the whole time.

5. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Oh an sorry to hear about the dog and job..

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed, losing the dog sucks. Girlfriends are replaceable, and a job is just a job. A dog though, that is hard to replace. Especially if you were as attached to yours like I am to mine.

Come out to Idaho, I'll give you a job and hook you up with a couple of local hotties. I could use the help. You may have to leave your JD behind.:walking:

7. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Ksss.........I am packing my travelin' bag right now......on my way! Shoot, reread your post and I thought you had a free puppie dog........don't need the hotties, but I'd like another dog..........

8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear about the dog, everything else can be replaced, right? You might have found a good niche there.

9. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry guys I have not responded back yet but it has been a busy week. Most of it I quickly walked over before mowing. I had one area that was probably about 1/8 of an acre that I backed over every bit. Personally I dont have a problem mowing backwards if needed too and it keeps my tractor from running over something.

10. OhioBobcat125

OhioBobcat125 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Fieldman, sorry to hear about the job, do you work at DHL right down the road from New Vienna? That place shutting down isnt going to good for anyone in the area.