1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bank Repo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassdaddy, May 11, 2003.

1. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I think I messed up today-Uncle,(LIVES 100 MILES AWAY)told me a good friend of his at local bank had repo'd 3 Scags from a guy.2 ztrs and a w/b.The big ztr was a 23/61,the other 2 mowers he wasn't sure of size.8000.00 for all.Uncle thinks a good close offer would buy it all.I wasn't to interested till he left and I got to thinkin about it.I'M in market for ztr in next few months,but had my heart set on super z,should I inquire further?Uncle is hard core business man(old school)I hate to bother him if I ain't serious.:confused:
  2. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

It depends what year ans shape the machines are in. If it turns out to be a great deal, i would buy them.

Even if you didnt want to keep them, you could flip them to make a few bucks.
  3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

How well were these units maintained?? Alot of guys that know the repo man is coming will say the heck w/ maintenance and beat the hell out of them. I would be leery of these units.
  4. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Well it turns out the big ZTR is a 27hp not a 23.So it can't be over a couple yrs old.Uncle bought it,he's gonna call me in a day or two.I priced a new 27/61 this yr for 9200.I'm bettin I can get it for 4 or 5 grand max.What do youall think?
  5. Terrible deal, take a pass. By the way, what's your uncle's phone number? LOL
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

the big unknown is, the state of mind of the fellow that lost it.be sure and clean the carb and change the oil an filter.
    it be real easy to make these motors
    go out real fast. if a fella was of a mind to.. hydros would be real vulnerable also.