banking

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by OBRYANMAINT, Mar 16, 2002.

1. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

I currently do all my banking through a large national bank, and for various reasons I am going to change banks.

Do you guys tend to go with a large national chain or look for a local small bank with only a few branches?

pro's ,con's of each?

2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

We use a small bank with only 4 branches.

I'm personal friends with a VP and have established strong ties with my loan officer and the bank President.

I like the local bank because the same people are there year after year.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We use a credit union.
    Been doing business there for years. I've always gotten all my loans thru them.
    They know me by my first name. I like their personal service.
    It's convenient and located near our home. Can't get any easier than that.

4. site

site LawnSite Member

Same bank with (3 different names) since we started. I've thought about switching, but I stay because they have so many branches. Its convenient for me, but really I think about the employees needing an easy place to cash their checks... and this is it.

5. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Use a small local bank. For me they offered better services and were more personable than the larger banks and to me that means alot.

6. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Would have to say Credit Union also your going to get the Best Rates for Loans plus they will know you by Name.

7. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

Small bank where you can establish a relationship. We found a small town bank on the outskirts of town that's about a 20min drive and most like will never change; we even mow the bank Presidents personal house and know the dog by name!

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Small bank 1/4 mile from home.

MATT