1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Banna plants

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by aaacrown, Mar 29, 2008.

1. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I think it was a discussion on buckthorn stump removal but not sure if Garlon was mentioned. I should check the labeled for buck
  2. mngrassguy

Am I missing something?

"General Information and Mixing Instructions
    For control of woody plants in rights-of-way, military bases, industrial sites and non-crop areas, use Garlon Ultra Herbicide in oil mixtures prepared and applied as described below. Use a diluent such as mineral oil or vegetable oil. Add Garlon Ultra Herbicide to the required amount of oil in the mixing tank and mix thoroughly. When mixing with oils commercially formulated for basal bark herbicide applications, read and follow the use directions and precautions on the product label prepared by the oil’s manufacturer"
  3. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

There is no prohibition against using diesel as the diluent. Garlon is labeled for non-crop, non-agricultural areas. If the site is not in use to produce livestock, Garlon is allowed. Remedy is the identical product labeled for range and pasture use. In fact, the Remedy label specifies usage only in ag areas.
  4. mngrassguy

Sorry, I looked at the wrong label