1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Banner Max?? Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kirk1701, Apr 20, 2013.

1. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey greendoc
    Question for yu, I'm looking at the rate per 1,000 to apply the iron.

LAWNS and TURF
    Use 1 pint (16 fl. oz.) per 1,000 sq. ft. Apply in a sufficient volume of water to thoroughly wet the foliage and runoff in the
    root zone. Hose attached sprayers provide a convenient method to treat lawns.

So for my 4 gallon backpack that's 1/2 gallon which isn't a problem, just wondering now because of the amount and it mixing with the Clearys which is 4 oz/gallon and if they should be sprayed separately or will it mix and work sprayed both at once?

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I forgot, How much area is four gallons covering?

3. kirk1701

4,000 Sq FT

So both would be applied 1 gal / 1,000

4. greendoctor

What I would do is cut the rate on the iron by half. Cool season grasses like fescue may be sensitive to high rates of iron. Also, one gallon per thousand is a bit low for fungicide/fertilizer applications. 2 gallons is minimum.

5. kirk1701

I always look for rain in the forecast within 24 hours of the application, allow the foliage to uptake what fungicide it can then rain wash the rest to the roots.

An old friend on here taught me this trick, he knows who he is :drinkup:

6. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

By the way....you guys aren't buying actual Banner Max and paying through the nostrils are you? I've been using generics for years with awesome results.

All my fungicides, and all my liquid insecticides are Quali-Pro.

Bifen, Imidicloprid, Propiconizole, Myclobutanil, etc

7. kirk1701

Oh and by the way Thanks
    Cutting the rate of iron in half is good news, I have enough for the first app now without having to order another gallon. :drinkup:

8. greendoctor

One more thing, watch your temps at time of application. If it is over 80, you might want to cut the rate to no more than 4 oz per 1000 sq ft. High rates of iron in hot weather will turn grass black, then brown.

9. kirk1701

Thanks for that note too
    So, I don't want to do an iron treatment once a month everytime I do the fungus app.

Yea, the liquid iron is only $9 a gallon so if I seen a difference I would have been putting it down in July @ recommended rate 1 pint per gallon. :drinkup:

10. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

So the answer is yes. lol