1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bar tires on a hustler fastrak 44?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jpalmer, Aug 20, 2012.

1. jpalmer

jpalmer LawnSite Member
    from FL

I own a hustler Fastrak 44" ZTR. I don't own a business, and it's for use on my personal property. However, It currently has turf tires on it, and a decent part of my pasture is soggy most of the year. The result is that I frequently get stuck, or don't mow it and pay someone to come in 3-4 times a year with a bushhog.

I'd like to switch to some bar tires for a better bite. However, I also don't want to change the quality of the cut, so I'm thinking of sticking with the stock size.

Form the owners manual (http://www.hustlerturf.com/images/product_manuals/365262_0407.PDF) I can see on page 5-4 that the drive tires are 18x8.5, but every tire I look at online has a third number. I assume it's the rim size (similar to a car) but I don't see any info about that in the owners manual.

Does anyone know what size bar tire I'd need to order to fit the stock rims on this machine? 18 x 8.5 x ? I'm looking at carlisle r-1 bar tires.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sorry for the confusion.
    The last # is a 8, as in 18 X 8.50-8
  3. ojonesy

ojonesy LawnSite Member

only 18x950x8 is made in a bar lug...Carlisle super lug.