1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bardering for services....anyone do it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Five Star Lawn Care LLC, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

i was talking to a the owner of a small computer shop today and we worked out an agreement for 2 laptops with docking stations and printers for the laptops in exchange for lawn care and snow removal services. It was acctually fun, we both were walking away from it feeling good and smiles on our face. It was great.

Now i can finally be mobile with giving estimates.....no more hand written estimates for me.

Anyone every do anything like this?
  2. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

I used to barder.I feel better writing things off as business expenses.I just feel that it is better business practice.It sounds like a good trade in your case.
  3. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

Every chance I get.

I have two things lined up for this spring....

A electric heater for the shop and a truck repainted all for lawn care and reseeding. I think it is a win win situation.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup. fertilization and weed control of his fathers and his property in exchange for the rent on a pole barn for my office and storage.
  5. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Working on two right now. One is I am to mow a 1/4 acre in town lawn weekly in exchange for ad placement on a webpage for our area that has alot of traffic, he told me prices for the ads and I asked was he interested in trading. We are working on that still, the other one is I need some parts for my equipment and a shop to work on them at (with better facilities than my garage preferably) so a friend has a small engine repair shop and I always mow his lawn and orchard for him during the spring anyway so he is thinking about buying me the parts and letting me use his shop in exchange for mowing. He also has one of those nice blade sharpeners that does a real good job so I will see if he will sharpen my blades for $xx off the weekly mowing bill. Both cases would be good for me because I need to get alot more work so the ad will be good and I need repairs done but don't have alot of money. Win-win situation for me.:blob4:
  7. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Take care of a several properties for one guy. One is a tavern. He actually asked me if I would like to trade some out for a tab:) Almost hated to tell him sorry I don't work for beer.
  8. Of course you don't want to work for beer-but how about whiskey and wings;)
  9. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

I snow plow my accountants office, in exchange for all my yearly accounting.
  10. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

we exchange part of our payment on lawn care/landscape services for some restaurants. Daveg