Bare Ground Area

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Weedburner, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Weedburner

Weedburner LawnSite Member

Every season I get requests to treat driveways, parking lots etc with something to stop plant growth. I have used roundup to kill whats growing, but there is no residual. I got a sample label of Sahara, and found driveways to be off label. What works?
  2. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

"....and other similar areas where bare ground weed control is desired." Driveways are in the gray area of this label.
  3. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Be very careful. non selective vegetation control products can move readily with surface water. Treat a driveway with the wrong stuff and you'll have dead stuff were ever the runoff goes.
  4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used Trilin or Treflan with very good results. Driveways is its main use.
  5. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

could try a mix of round up and barricade. I have not used this combo but have been told from two people that it works beyond expectation.
  6. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

I've used Sahara on driveways/parking lots with extreme caution. i.e. leaching and runoff are not a problem or are well contained.
  7. Field General

Field General LawnSite Member

I have used Round-up and Surflan together.I have always been please with the results. Only problem for me was the cost...Surflan is pricey, and last year was impossible to get.
  8. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

The surflam factory went up in flames , twice.
    Surflan is almost worthless alone .
    Must be combined with others .