Barefoot Yards Pics

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Barefoot James, Oct 31, 2008.

1. growingdeeprootsorganicly

growingdeeprootsorganicly LawnSite Senior Member

wallz,

the granular product i ask james if he is using is just raw leonardite with soluble 10% humic acid on it. it cost too much for me to use. plus i use a small amount of liquid/powder humic/fulvic acid in my programs anyway. maybe it has some other value being in a raw form for the soil but i'm not sure?

i like the all liquid products for the simple fact of convenince/mixing but if i can get a product in powderd form i'll go with that first since i can just add my own water

2. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks GDRO for the explanation.

3. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Wanted to bump myself - LOL - Seriously I have a bunch of clients I'm sending to the site and wanted to make this easy to find/see.

4. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a good thread to bump....

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Bump for the man

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, you are brave considering some of the $*#& that gets spread around here. :laugh:

[​IMG]

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Oh that smells

8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

If you're organic, why do you vacuum the leaves instead of mulching?

9. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Because the grass had been mowed and I live in a wind tunnel so all my neighbors leaves tend to go on my grass. I did not want to mow again but wanted the yard looking good/with stripes. I don't use allot of leaf mulch anyways. I always mulch the grass - lots of proteins and sugars for my herd.

I also maintain 75 other properties and too much leaf mulch is not good for grass and tends to smoother it. I will much "light leaf drop" but get the heavy stuff back into the woods or under trees or bagged. We only maintain fescue yards and always mulch the grass and cut at 3.4 to 4 inches.

10. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

The "too much leaf mulch is bad for the lawn" has been debunked by every University study that I've read. In fact, it's quite beneficial. Check with Mich State, Purdue, Penn State. I haven't picked up a leaf in years. They all get mulched back into the lawn.