Baretto Tiller: Makes Troybilt look like a toy

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mdvaden, Sep 25, 2007.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone else ever used a Baretto rototiller?

If you haven't, see if a local rental yard has one.

Its a hydraulically driven tine and wheel walk-behind, and weighs about 550 lbs.

It makes Troybilt feel like tin foil.

Even the front bumper thing is about 5/8" thick steel.

I rent them for about $100 per day from United Rentals.

New - to buy - somewhere around $5000 I think.

One of the best items I've ever used. Excellent center of gravity. 13hp, but I think there is a 16hp too.

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh Yea!!!
    I The rental by me has the 16 hp model.
    It is a monster.
    I am alwaws very happy with the job it does, and it does it soo good. It makes a tough job of tilling a little easier.
  3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I have seen one myself, though I have not used one. When comparing to a troybuilt all you have to look at is the thickness of the tines to be sold! I used a troybuilt in my yard and the yard laughed at it! I broke 2 tines on a brand new machine in about an hour. One thing the TroyBuilt has going for it is the solid transmission, everything else may break, but the troybuilt tranny will hold up to some abuse, granted its not hydro, but still tough enough.

Speaking of tough, I rented a Toro/Dingo over the weekend with a Harley Rake and thats an indestructable beast...I set the teeth right down on a large rock and all it did was destroy the rock, not a single chip in the carbide teeth. If you want to do some tilling this combo works best in rock hard Georgia soils.