1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Barricade 4 FL

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by msuturfgrad, Feb 8, 2006.

1. msuturfgrad

msuturfgrad LawnSite Member

I was wondering if any of you guys down here in the south are using this product for preemerge. If so, what rate are you using? I was thinking about using 1qt/A which is 1#ai/A. Do ya'll think I could get away with less than this? Thanks.
  2. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

If you go lower than that rate, it would most likely require a second application.

Only go lower if you want to do split apps.
  3. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

I am assuming that you are putting this down on all warm-season turf in MS. If that is the case you might get away with doing 2 apps (.375 lb ai/A). I've done this on Zoysia and Hybrid Bermudas with good results. They grow tight enough that crab is not much of a problem. Another alternative is Atrazine or Simazine with Barricade at the reduced rate. Treated some Zoysias with Simazine a few years ago in the fall and greatly reduced my need for pre-emergents in the spring. Hope this helps.