Barricade - Dimension Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by colby64473, Mar 26, 2010.

1. colby64473

colby64473 LawnSite Member

This is my first year applying and I need your suggestions, and yes I do have my license. I'm offering a 5 app program with all apps being granular except the broadleaf app. For crab, should I go with the 19-0-6 .38 Barricade or the 24-0-8 .19 Dimension. The Dimension is about $5.50 higher per 50lb bag. I'm a small company, so I'm not in a hurry to service a bunch of yards. I'm just getting my feet wet this year with about 15 lawns. I'm in a rural area with lawns about 25000 to an acre. My rep said both work equally well, but the barricade needs to go down earlier than the dimension. Thanks.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats some HOT Dimension! The .19 part and the 24 part!

I use 15-0-5 with .172 which is hot compared to most using 13-2-5 with .15

Maybe it's what works best in your area....I'd love to get what you have and spread it thinner.

3. thelawnkid

thelawnkid LawnSite Member

Barricade I switched from dimension to barricade several years ago and have been much happier with it.

4. bx24

bx24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA/TX

I would swich to Barricade if I could get it cheaper then dim..

5. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Use Barricade only. Switch to Dimension only for new/late paying customers AFTER crab is up.

6. Mowerman2112

Mowerman2112 LawnSite Member

Would be interested, in the supplier and what you pay for it? Thanks, Brian

7. colby64473

Why only use barricade? Is it that much better than dimension. I understand that the dimension has a post emergent side to it somewhat, but what about yards that haven't been treated for years.? I've put down about 6 properties with barricade and was going to switch to dimension in about 1-2 weeks. I've got quite a few people calling since this really hasn't been offered at a reasonable price in my small town for quite a while. Thanks for any advice.

8. colby64473

I buy from prosource one in Saint Joseph. Prices are between $18-$24 per bag. Like I said, I buy in small quantities compared to most guys here, so I'm sure I pay more.

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Colby - I'd say your price/bag is a little high. I have been quoted fert+pre for this season at $14-$16/bag. Maybe shop it out next season.

10. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

If crab isnt up already, Barricade will work for a LONG time. A thorough application will prevent crab...period. Anyone who tells you differently, applied it wrong in some way. Secondly, Dimension costs more and doesnt last much beyond 30 days (the label is more optimistic).