Barricade Question - Am I an idiot????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GREENITUP, Mar 3, 2008.

1. GREENITUP

GREENITUP LawnSite Member

I swear I can read....but understanding is a different story. I am using Barricade (actually Stonewall) for the first time this year (split apps @.75 & .50 / acre). And this brings me to my question - after a long discussion with my Lesco guy, he said split it this way, but is it pounds of product or pounds of AI per acre???? I sit here with label in hand and everything on it reads "pounds of product" per acre. But at 1.25 pounds of product per acre is on the low side of application rate - and this doesn't sound right to me....and I don't want find out too late I sprayed 35% short on product. It has to be 1.25 lb AI ,right?????:hammerhead:

2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

The Pounds of Product is the allowed amount/calendar year/acre. The application rate for STONEWALL Product is ALSO per acre. Barricade 4L application rate is in A.I. If in doubt just call the main office. I see your question. but I believe that it would be labeled AI. instead of /A in their text. Just call and be sure.

3. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Have you looked into barricade granular. Or is it cheaper for you to go liquid. Are you tank mixing with fert or going to have good greenup till your next app. Only reason I ask is I'm undecided if i'm going liquid or granular, most likely I will apply granular though. Your question with rates. look on lesco at the product label. I beileve it is pounds per product.

4. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

how many months of residual do you want for the first ap? what type of grass.?when are you putting down the first ap? Some of them labels can cause a guy to scratch a little .It does not hurt to check em twice .

5. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

This doesn't seem like to bad of a rate label calls for .5oz/1,000 sq.ft or 21 oz./acre so a little less than a 1.5 pounds per acre. hope this helps.

6. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I am usiing the 1.25 pound rate. That is 1.25 pounds of product per acre. Not 1.25 pounds of active ingredient. 65% of the 10 pound bag is active ingredient or 6.5 pounds. I am not using a split app. I am doing a single shot. The label says I should get about 7 months (cross my fingers). Does this clear this up for you? I was second guessing myself on some things too. I have been so used to spraying Pre-M that it just didn't look yellow enough to me:laugh:

7. GREENITUP

GREENITUP LawnSite Member

OK... I think I feel a little better. 1.25lbs product/acre/year is definitely in the label range (1.0-2.3 I believe). N62 - your questions play a huge roll on how much to put down. The answers are Fescue lawns, 1st apps will be this week til March 29, liquid apps, I want coverage until the first week of Sept (about 5 months), and I am in the South/Eastern tip of the transition zone. Ted P - that is what I wanted to hear..... someone else doing about the same mix rate and understanding of this $hitty label. I just can't remember another herbicide that I use the lower end of the mix rates for..... As long as it works I guess. Thanks all.

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

The label is one of the worst I have seen.

9. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

Everytime we buy a 10lb box of barricade 65wg or wdg,we get a measuring pitcher. about quart size and is broken down in one tenth of a pound increments .(1.6 ozs per increments) I think the have em for barricade 4FL too .Beats heck out of scaling the product or using measuring spoons .

10. jspray

jspray LawnSite Member

It is lbs. of product per ac. 1.25lbs./ac. is our usual rate.

Bill J.