Barter...How about it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scape Sculptor, Feb 16, 2001.

1. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

there was a discussion regarding that issue before..can't find it right now

3. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have bartered for quite a few things. One mowing customer (a Doctor) we mowed for and she provide medical services for my wife and I. Another Doctor traded delivery of my first son for landscaping. It turned into a big job and they ended up owing me. Last year we did a pond for a couple and they paid for half of it. The other half was lettering for 3 trucks, 1 enclosed trailer, a boat, a bunch of signs, 25 tee shirts, and they still owe us some signs this spring. It is a win win situation for both parties involved.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

5. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

I barter as much as I can. For me it has been a win win situation. I plan to continue.

6. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

Thanks guys...keep the responces and ideas coming.

7. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

There is a Japanese Steak House here that we eat at about 3-4 times a month. I want to barter a grounds maintenance program for 4 meals, 4x a month cause it is killing my wallet eating there so much.

Right now I wish I could find a concrete man to barter my barn foundation and foor for some mowing.

I did a small tree removal at a expensive resturaunt last Spring for 4 full meals. It is so upscale I have not used the meals yet.

8. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Bartering is a good thing. There are actually services that revolve around bartering. I'll try to find some # and post them here of companies that deal with this sort of thing. Here is an example of how this works.

I want a new motor for my truck

Store that has motor doesn't need landscaping but they do want an addition to their store.

Contruction co wants yard work.

So the contruction co does addition to store, I do construction co's landscaping, and The store gives me a tool box. (of coarse everything is of equal value)

There are actually companies that deal in these sort of transactions. They will take it as far as it needs to go to accomplish what is needed for everyone. cool huh

9. DAN NELSON

DAN NELSON LawnSite Member

I cut a deal with one of my accounts 2 weeks ago. I will cut and trim his lawn(2 hours) once a week for the season. In trade I get a 98 24ft enclosed featherlite tandem axel trailer. I say if you can cut deals for equipment etc. and you are getting a (good) deal then by all means go for it.

10. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I swap services for fabrication and welding its great and no $$ switching hands