Barter system: Who's made some great trades out there?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jlawnman, Mar 16, 2009.

1. jlawnman

jlawnman LawnSite Member
    from NC

Just wondering guys. How many of you LCO's out there have made some good trades for your services?

For example:

4 $40 service visits in trade for a nearly new condition snapper 21" self propelled bagger

1 $35 service visit for a new Hitachi saw-zall in case...

1 $50 service visit for about 10 pounds of fresh deer meat!

I'm interested to know what you guys have done... :waving:

2. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

3. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I know a guy.....:laugh:

Who got a paver patio for mowing a landscapers lawn for 3 years.

4. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

I snow plowed 2 residential driveways for my grafix shop. He lettered 2 trucks, 12 screen printed shirts. Lettered 3 work vests, 1000 envelops and 1000sales slips.

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I just mowed a guys lawn (6,500sq ft.), trimmed 2 10ft long hedges and threw down 6 bags of mulch for a brand new blackberry and bluetooth.

6. jlawnman

jlawnman LawnSite Member
    from NC

This is awesome guys.. and much needed break from all the arguing going on on here lately!

I have another one:

I bidded on a major pruning job last spring and the lady about fell out when she got the $800 proposal.. She agreed to pay for my labor and fuel costs and gave me her spare vehicle. It was an 89 Ranger 5 speed that ran great. Turned around and sold it for 1500. Turned out to be quite a profitable endeavor. Wish now I had kept the truck. But .... oh well...

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Traded mowing for a bathroom remodel. Traded sod installation for house cleaning. Traded clearing brush and cutting down pine trees for a new heat pump and inside AC unit installed.

8. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Good thing we all pay taxes on the trade so we don't get in trouble !

9. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Exactly... it's already on my books.

10. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

One of my customers is in aftermarket automotive gear. I barrtered a new Stainless steel full truck cab protector and new aluminum tool box for his leaf season bill. The cab protector and tool box are over $2000 at market value, and the leaf season bill was only like $400. Not bad if you ask me. I am going to see what we can work out on a nice lift kit.:weightlifter::weightlifter: