Bartering....what's your best barter deal struck?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by kbenvironmental, Jul 2, 2004.

1. kbenvironmental

kbenvironmental LawnSite Member

I'm trading a portion of my net profit on a mid-sized job for 1on1 driving lessons needed towards SCCA/NASA certification. He used to be a big name according to my racing fanatic friends. His current rate is $900/day plus expenses. :eek:
    Not the most useful trade but so far the most fun!

2. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I once traded a bill to a customer for $160.00 to get a used Honda dirt bike that he had in a garage sale. The bike works real good, I ride it all the time. I imagine its worth at least 300.00

3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i once traded a years lawn service for a $4500 jetski.. It was only a $30 a cut yard....

4. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

I traded $500.00 of a $6,500.00 wall job for a 1963 Dodge Dart with a slant 6. The car was dent free, needed an interior. Now has a Ford 9" read cut down with disc brakes, and am putting 18" wide McCreary tires and a four link suspension under it. After we triangulate the frame, a 500cu in 550 HP Hemi crate motor is going in, but that is next years project..

5. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Lawncare for a latte. I mow once a month at a coffee stand that the yard is maybe 10 X 20. Small beds too. If i keep it up i get a free latte every day, any size, for the entire year. No biggie right? My latte i drink plus small tip is 5$ a day. Lawn care takes me 8 minutes a week. (unload time incl. and gawk secretly at the coffee chiks included too.):D

6. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I need to find a small meat market and offer to do the lawn for free. FREE STEAK ALL YEAR woo hoo!!!

7. fishman644

fishman644 LawnSite Member

ive traded work for a f-250 and an 81 chevy

8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I traded some sprinkler head replacement work for an Echo HC-1500 hedge trimmer that had only been used once.

9. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Wine store/ meat market. Had about $1200 credit for whatever I want in it, plus $2000 cash for materials and other labor. Not a great deal but it seems like I got drunk and fat for free.

For an irrigation/patio work that I did for her. This was a learning experience though. I gave her a deal would have (SHOULD) have charged her $4000 for the job but because she is letting me advertise in her store I cut her a break.. That was stupid. Although the steaks have been divine.........at least I am fat and poor :p r

10. perfectlawncare

perfectlawncare LawnSite Member

I traded out knowledge from one of my customers. He taught me how to buy and sell homes. He has a $60 yard and I have been doing it for 8 years for free!! But I have made over $500,000 in the real-estate market because of the knowledge he gave me. Remember knowledge is priceless!!!!

Jason