Bartering

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AB Lawn Care, Jul 28, 2000.

1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I know that in the past there was a topic on bartering and some liked it others did not.Well I now LOVE it!I barter with a guy who owns an auto wrecking yard.He does repairs dirt cheap for me.And gives me good deals on cars and trucks.For example I bought a 1991 poniac firefly(they are know as geo metro's in the US)for $200 I put about $300 dollars into getting it on the road and drove it for a month.Then I sold it for $2200!With that money I am now going to buy an S10 for all my small yards.I thing bartering can work out awsome!!!!<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Sounds like you got the hook up.<br>

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

It can work at alot of places. I planted flowers and mulched a small garden at the corner of a gas station lot once a year, and we get to sell x-mas trees, easter flowers, whatever on his lot. I know another good one is in towns where contractors have to pay a fortune to dump debris, there are many people that you can work something like that out with, farmers, etc, I think it was mentioned here somewhere before. Good Deal though!!<p>Now, there is a negative side, I've seen people get buried in this $hit, and friendships turn into nightmares!!! Be careful not to get burned!!<p><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

4. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

And if Unkle Sam catches wind he'll want in on the action.

5. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I was driving to a bid couple months ago and saw a canoe at a yard sale and had to stop. I ended taking down a tree for the guy for $700 and the canoe($400)! I am going to look at some other trees later this week for a guy that does satelite tv systems, he was installing one at a job we were on couple weeks ago, he's a little far but might be able to trade for the dish, installation, and couple boxes! I know a guy who has worked for a truck, maybe a half day job.

6. I barter with both my dentist and mechanic. The only time money is exchanged is for materials.<br>Jean<p>----------<br>J-LC Landscaping & Maintenance Gardening<br>C-27 Ca Contr# 770044

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Anybody know of any chicken ranches that will barter work?