base rock blower

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by allaccesslandscaping, Dec 26, 2005.

1. allaccesslandscaping

allaccesslandscaping LawnSite Member

A company called express blower has a machine that can move base rock through a tube...I was wondering if anyone knew of a machine simlar but not so dam big..... We move a lot of base rock back and forth down hill........ We do have bob cats etc... But it would make things go a lot faster with this

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

A unit even of smaller size would be about 2-3 times more expensive than a brand new skid steer. Those express blower truck setups run about $250K I believe.

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Do you mean a stone slinger ?

I know they have bark mulch blowers on trucks I never heard of them blowing aggregate or stone I would think that might be a little dangerous.

When ever we have to move stone or gravel etc two machines are used the material is dump close to the edge then one excavator chucks it down and other excavator places it.

A stone slinger is prolly the best bet we don't have any here but the local redimix company will fill one of their cement trucks up with gravel and deliver you material and use the chutes to get it down into a tough spot.

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Locally we have a company with a AgriCat dump truck (Dump truck that can spray rocks 50-100 ft through a shute). I've seen rock blowers advertised in the back of our landscape trade magazines though.

agracat1.jpg

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Jon thats what we call a stone slinger they are fun to watch its surprising how far the rock will fly off the end of the shute.

6. allaccesslandscaping

Yeah gravel rat (love that name) I believe it www.expressblower.com. Anyway I dought if thhey have anything like the stone slinger around here... Thanks guy for the info..but unless i want to spend 2oo to 250k ill stick with the bobcat

7. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

i was on a job once where they were redoing a courtyard above a parking garage. they rhino lined the concrete, blew in 3/8's gravel then some sort of matting,. rough plumbing, more gravel and sand(50/50) then about 18"s top soil... pretty neat operation. They did it with2- 4" hoses offf a back of a truck like on the site mentioned above.

8. allaccesslandscaping

do you due those pondless waterfall I think there by filtric...Also do you know the name of that company

9. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

name of the company that blew in the rock? no.. it was in southern califinrnia.. the general contractor was behr construction.
    I have done a pondloess waterfall, yes. there are many different pondless kits available.

10. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Dry dry pumping the base or using a conveyor. The other way we run it is with power wheel baoorows, (they carry 1 yard at a time and the operator rides on.) We have a new track drive model just about ready to bring out, I swapped hydro pumps to get more power, it is 40" wide and carries 3 yards. The wheel driven you gcan get through Ingersol for near 10K each, they are awesome.