Baseball Field Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by firstclasslawncareandplow, Oct 20, 2005.

1. firstclasslawncareandplow

firstclasslawncareandplow LawnSite Member

I got a call for quotes on 4 baseball fields all right next to each other. IT ISNT A CITY OWNED ACCOUNT SO I CAN'T GET MUNICIPAL DISCOUNT ON MOWERS! How long does a baseball field take with a 60" exmark Z or how much to you guys charge for Baseball field

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

How big? Grass infield, or skin? Are you going to maintain the slins too? Warning tracks? Fencelines?

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

The fields that I mow, with grass infield, warning track all the way around the outside of the grass, takes about 45 minutes - an hour with 28 hp Kubota, 60" deck.

The softball field that I mow, with dirt infield and no warning track, takes about 35 minutes.

4. firstclasslawncareandplow

firstclasslawncareandplow LawnSite Member

I haven't actually been able to look at them yet, cause I can only go after the school hours. I have to take care of anything on the inside of the fence. I will post more info when i get it

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

If they're school property, most manufacturers will give you the same discount, or at least similar as they do a school district. It doesn't just have to be muni owned.

You might have to work up the chain of command from your dealer, or find one that'll get it for you, but it's there.

6. j-fuhrm

j-fuhrm LawnSite Member

I mow 4 ball fields and a small common area for a local rec league, three of the fields have fences that need trimmed around, and it takes me 2 1/2hrs. using a 61" ztr Ferris. hope this helps

7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

i mow 4 softball fields, just the outfields take about 1.25-1.5 hours depending of growth with a Gravely 260Z at full ground speed.

8. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

firstclass - Do not worry, I will call the proper people and let them know (warn) them that they do not want to you mow their fields. :laugh: