Baseball Field Renovation

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by PurpHaze, Dec 22, 2005.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Things are a little slow in here so thought I'd post some pics of a high school varsity baseball field undergoing renovation. These pics show some of the prep work done to get the field ready for resodding.

GWHS Varsity BB Field Renovation IV-01.jpg

GWHS Varsity BB Field Renovation IV-02.jpg

GWHS Varsity BB Field Renovation IV-03.jpg

GWHS Varsity BB Field Renovation IV-04.jpg

GWHS Varsity BB Field Renovation IV-05.jpg

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

isn't that nice to get a new field.....Like starting with a clean slate for the new year....

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

what was the budget for that project?

4. PurpHaze

Not sure but I'll try and find out on Tuesday when I go back to work. I do know that the booster club foot most of the material costs and our guys did the work.

5. PurpHaze

Yup. Funny thing was that this field was one of the best in the area. Just hadn't been redone in so many years guess it was time. Next year they're talking about redoing the outfield also. Has to start with a new irrigation system first though. The irrigation was never fit originally to the baseball diamond so there's some gaps.

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

See if they will spring for a Maxicom system. Ours really needed it. I had areas that I needed only some water in whil eothers needed much more. All the tinking with differnt nozzles and stuff was too time consuming for the sprinkler tech so we did the best we could with the controler and rejetting heads one by one when we could but a good golf course type system with complete control is the best.

7. PurpHaze

We looked into a central control system many years ago. Alas, with monies so short (public school district) it was never approved. We currently have 105controllers throughout our district and it takes a lot of time to turn on/off and/or adjust programs on all of them.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

where are some updated photos of the completed project?

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, finished and sodded pics please!

10. PurpHaze

Sorry guys. Been tied up on another major project. I'll try and get some pics this weekend.