Baseball Forearms--Stihl HS 80!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Apr 2, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Reinforcing the fact I am an idiot:

I bought the Stihl HS 80 three weeks ago instead of the Huskie equivilant. In that time i have seen the Robin hedge trimmers, Huskie and Redmax.

Boy those are alot lighter and easier to manuever, at the rate I am going my left forearm is going to surpass the strength of my right, which has taken "years to build up" from training sessions. :D

Just remeber, before you buy research and test, at least look at other units. I would have never bought this hog if I had looked at the other choices...........

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Ditto that. I hate using those things because of the weight.

:D

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If you say so. To each his own I guess.

4. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

pretty much as hoss said...whatever you say dude...

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That is info we could have lived without.

6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

There is a reason the Stihl is heavier. It's built with heavier (read stronger) components and will last longer and out-perform the others. If you do light weight work... buy light weight tools. Otherwise buy the good stuff.

7. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

A few years back, I rented the FS 80's. You are correct. If you had to use them on anything approaching a regular basis, you would have pop-eye forearms.

8. walk behind

walk behind LawnSite Member

I've been running a Stihl FS 120 for two years now, I wouldn't say I hve pop-up arms, I only run it about 3-4 hours per week on my property though.....

9. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I didn't say it wasn't a good machine. When I can get the thing started, it cuts through just about anything. But the damned thing is heavy and it sucks to use it. Especially for just light trimming of bushes, etc.

10. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

sissies............