Basic 5 level lawn care plan

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by iclgs, Mar 6, 2003.

1. iclgs

iclgs LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

Can you tell me around about price on a 4000sq ft property for 5 applications of fertilizer. I am trying to get some bids on a property and all have been so different. Trying to get a average price.

PLEASE HELP!!!!:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Do you mow these properties? If I mowed them I would charge in the neighborhood of $30.

3. iclgs

iclgs LawnSite Member

Yes I mow you think $30 per application is about right? $175 for package deal? also how much for extra 1000 sq ft?
  4. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I always bid by per 1000sqft and tha tis at $3.50 per 1000sqft and all companies in my are are anywhere from $3.25-$3.75. Basically your property would be charged at $60 for 5 applications or $14 per treatment around here. The only downside to a property this small is it takes so little product that it is not cost effective to even do the job if you don't have extra from other properties to treat this one. If you had to buy products for this one property you would be losing money taking it on.
  5. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

For existing customers that I mow I don't stop for less then 20. for new 25 min. I am getting 3.50 to 5.00 per 1000. Ones that came on last year are at the lower mark.

A 200 gallon tank of chemical cost right at $150.00 that figures out about .75 per gallon using 2 gallons per thousand that is a cost of $1.50 per thousand if your not getting at least 2.00 for putting it down. then add another ,75 or 1.00 for fert. 4.00 per thousand is close. I am starting to raise my prices to 4.50 5.00.

I am new at this end but I can go broke sitting on my hind quarters.

If you cut it also you can afford to not make as much but always make somthing!!!!!!!
  6. 5 step program, 4000 sq ft Need more info!!!

How much actual n, p2o5, and k applied per 1000. Applying crab pre emerge, broadleaf, insect , and disease control? What quality of products used? sulfate or muriate of potash? small or large prills? blend or homogeneous? natural or sythentic? What % controlled release n and k? What products using for pest control? Most of forgotten something!
  7. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Includes granuler fert with pre=m on first one or two apps and broadleaf weed spot spraying with all apps and crabgrass spraying if needed and nutsedge spraying if needed.

My high formula:
    sqft /1000 X $4 + $20per stop = (4K x $4)+$20=$36 per app

$36 X 5 apps = $180 (5% discount if whole season paid by March 31)=$171

Might be less ($3.50)per 1000sqft if very few weeds or less per stop ($10-15) if very little hard surface to blowoff.

Grub control extra:
    sqft/1000 X $8 + $20per stop = (4K X $8) +$20 +$52 for grub cntrol
  8. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Why discount the price because you are mowing them? They are 2 different services. I'd charge a minimum of $39.00, the customer is going to expect re-treats for weeds and for other problems, you have to make profit on every single thing you do or it's not worth doing. I wouldn't get out of the truck for $14.00
  9. paulj good job,

thats the basic info iclgs needs to post.
  10. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I guess the way I look at it is $14 for 5 min of work is better than nothing and every little bit adds up, not to mention the potential for other jobs from the same customer. I have no cost in an application this small because there will always be enough extra for a job this small. I have never done a job this small, nor bid for one, but if someone asked I would do it for them at this price. My cheapest account I service is $40. I have gotten several nice jobs from doing other small things for people such as this job. I certainly wouldn't take on alot of these accounts but there aren't too many properties this small wanting lawncare.