basic hourly rate for mowing?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dmolaver15, May 11, 2012.

1. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Posted via Mobile Device

2. TMlawncare

No on average its an 8.5hr day. Most solo crews bring in $300-$350/day. Two man crew will generate around $600-650/day. Three man crew will generate between $900-1050/day. This is all dependent on day and route.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

I agree to some extent but disagree to another... if you have a lot of smaller lawns in a tighter route, you're going to make more money than if you were to have a big lawn then a 10 minute drive then a big lawn and another drive. A tighter route is more important than the size of the lawn.

4. TMlawncare

See this is the difference. He only worked for 3.5hrs. He only moved the truck three times. Try moving the truck 3-4 times per hour on a three man crew for 9hours a day. Crap, in three hours you don't even need to find a bathroom. This is why many small part time operaters don't even know what a true daily average is.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I have a lot of the bigger properties but a handful of the smaller ones as well. The smaller ones can make you some quick money in the summer but those bigger ones pay the mortgage year round. Even my smaller properties are mostly $300K homes that generate ten times the work that your average starter homes generate.