Basic how do I do this from marketing to applying

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cod8825, Jun 15, 2007.

1. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

I work for a very small company that is wanting to offer lawn apps. We do basic stuff like roundup around buildings that it. Everything else is subed to a company that specializes in that. It has allowed my boss to get those accounts but he makes absolutely no money on it because he sometimes bids blind. I know not the smartest move but still.

We have several accounts next year that will be needing this. I am talking like five acre apartment complexes. I need equipment, products, procedures, processes etc.. you get the point.

I have taken and passed my commercial applicators licencse in Missouri and will be receiving the papers in the mail.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt:walking:

2. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Spend time doing "searches" on this site for different topics. Don't listen to every response. Go to the library and read. Lots of trial and error. A couple of things: when applying "step 1" crabgrass control, make sure you get all the corners of the lawn-especially along sidewalks and along street, this is where the crabgrass will germinate. When I started, I missed the spots sometimes.

3. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

hang out in the pesticide thread